I forgot one - the Battery Directive applies to all batteries.

Richard Woods

        ----------
        From:  WOODS, RICHARD
        Sent:  Tuesday, September 04, 2001 1:44 PM
        To:  'EMC-PSTC'
        Subject:  RE: Military Equimpment and the EU

        The RTTE Directive would apply if the equipment intentionally
transmits or receives using the rf spectrum or if the equipment connects to
the telephone network. The Machinery Directive would apply if moving parts
present higher risks than electrical hazards (see the directive for the
details).

        Richard Woods