From: Wismer, Sam [mailto:wisme...@ems-t.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 1:16 PM
To: Stuart Lopata; emc
Subject: RE: FCC rule interpretation (add'l info)

Not sure if you got my last response.

Answer is no(IMO).  If the idea is to be able to take peak measurements
instead of average measurements to expedite the test, then I suggest you
take your peak measurements and compare them to average limits.  If the peak
measurement meets both the calculated peak limit(5000 uv/m) and the stated
average limit(500uv/m), then there is no need to make the average
measurement.  If, however, the peak measurement meets only the peak limit,
you are still obligated to take an average measurement and compare it to the
average limit.  The stated limit always takes precedence over any derived
limits.

Sam Wismer
Lead Regulatory Engineer/
Radio Approvals Engineer