We have found the limited resolution of EMCscan to limit (!) its usefulness -
it can't pinpoint IC level problems, for example. Although marketed for
emissions work,  it is not usually the best tool if you are hunting down
radiated emissions, since its response to (large) differential-mode currents
will tend to swamp out its response to (small) common-mode currents.  The
color plots are fun to look and occasionally can spark some intuition.

As Kyle said, the practical requirement of laying a PCB flat against it makes
it tough to use for much of our work.

Lee Hill
Silent Solutions LLC
EMC Consulting & Training