From: Michael Mertinooke [mailto:mertino...@skyskan.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 11:13 AM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: A public apology to Agilent

Hi;

A couple weeks ago I politely criticized the HP/Agilent E7401A
spectrum analyzer. Okay, so I called it a piece of garbage.

That was based on two basic facts:
1) It was ridiculously user-unfriendly.
2) Customer support was friendly but unhelpful.

I now wish to publicly apologize. Two nice people at Agilent,
Ms. Cathy Kirk and Mr. Mike Medley, have invested considerable
time and effort on my behalf. I now have an analyzer
that is much less user-unfriendly. And Customer Support,
as represented by these two people, has done a tremendous
job of diagnosing and resolving my issues. Best of all, the
new firmware has added a bunch of features that I will no
doubt find useful some day.

Regards,
Mike Mertinooke