From:   David Heald [mailto:davehe...@mediaone.net]
Sent:   Wednesday, June 20, 2001 10:08 AM
To:     Paolo Roncone
Cc:     emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject:        Re: Cable layout per GR1089

Greetings all,
  I just peeked at GR-63 and it appears that a 9-10' height for cabling
trays is normal (Figure 2-4).  You are correct that GR-1089 is very
vague on the requirement (something like "line of sight??").  Due to the
final installation config, I would go with a 9' cable crossbar height
and I have always seen at least a 6' cable crossbar length.  Also, I
would ensure that your crossbar and supports are nonconductive.  2" -
2.5" PVC Piping works well and is easy to work with. (plus, you can get
it at the Home Depot).  I have a great collapsible design that I
developed at my last job; if anyone is interested, contact me off list
and I can describe it to you.

Best Regards,
Dave

    http://www.rcic.com/      click on "Virtual Conference Hall,"