How about the good old HP Harmonic Flicker Test Sysytem that Agilent was
thinking about discontinuing support on? (remember that thread a while
ago?)  I don't know about the current (it seems like I remember 9-10A
max), but I know you could dial in any voltage and frequency
(DC-500Hz??) and it would produce it!  If Agilent did discontinue
support, you could probably get a great deal!

Dave