I couldn't speak for the automotive limit specifically mentioned in this
thread because I don't have a copy, but every BCI limit I have seen and the
similar IEC 1000-4-6 technique requires some kind of amplitude modulation.
The test is a low frequency radiated susceptibility/immunity requirement and
as such should have the same kind of modulations as the RS/RI requirement.

on 1/10/02 5:53 PM, Cortland Richmond at cortland.richm...@alcatel.com