I read in !emc-pstc that am...@westin-emission.no wrote (in <LFENJLPMMJB
mhpeibnilaepjcbaa.am...@westin-emission.no>) about 'SV: Selection of
Directives', on Sat, 5 Jan 2002:
>    I wish I had seen this "magical matrix", but unfortunately I have not. I
>    assume that a matrix like this would be very complex and comprehensive.

No, a matrix is perhaps the best way of handling the subject

>    Example: An ITE would have to qualify for EMCD and maybe RTTE,

RTTE only in respect of any relevant interface.

> maybe also
>    LVD if the voltages are within the scope

Yes. Quite normal.

>and if it is placed in an explosive
>    area then the ATEX directive might also apply.

Well, it would apply.

>A lot of maybe's and if's

No, the matter seems quite clear. What uncertainty do you have in mind?

>    I think we have to gain knowledge about a lot of the directives in order
>    know if a product falls within it. A matrix can not include that type of
>    experience.... I think.

Header and one line of a matrix:

Equipment    LVD    EMCD       RTTE                  ATEX
  ITE        YES    YES    Modem interface    Only if intended for
                           Bluetooth          explosive atmosphere

>    I'm looking forward to hear other inputs from the list members.

After swimming across the Hellespont, I felt like a Hero.