Hello Gurus,

I am new to this list so pardon me if my questions sound naive.

The question I had was, for nebs compliance we need to pass power cross and
lightening tests.  For boards with copper ports (100baseT and 100base T), is it
possible to use rj45 connectors with integrated magnetics and still get pass
these tests. Has anybody done that - if yes, is it possible to share the
method.  I believe there are components (e.g. sedactors) one can use, but
those are capacitve and might impact the signal integrity.  Also, mostly that
kind of stuff is used on the line side of the transformer.  I am just a little
bit hesistant to put in on the secondary side...

Any input would be highly appreciated...

Thanks

Muhammad