Regarding products for demo's and exhibitions, Enci writes ..

>> Therefore the application of CE Marking or lack thereof is meaningless.

You would think so wouldn't you. A small problem arises in that if you have
competitors with a CE marked product, they will make it a point to display
this and this means potential customers will be signing deals with them
and not you because they have better and more reliable information on
delivery dates. If you have no competitors, then you are OK.

CE marked or not, make sure that the product is safe and further, that it
will not go bang when connected to a supply with everybody else's non
compliant stuff. It might be an idea to take a large filter if one is
affordable.

There is nothing quite as memorable as a product that explodes at an
exhibition. In fact, it makes the exhibition worth attending the next time,
and considering it has been the talk of the industry since the last time, you
will get an unusually large crowd, and a quick check through their
business cards will reveal they are competitors and not customers
if the former exist!

Having said this much, I feel it important that I state that these experiences
were not personal to me or my current or previous employers. That's the
truth.

Best regards

- Chris