Scott asks ..

>> So I give up - just what exactly is a dry joint?

Dry joint:

Electrical context: - A solder joint in which the electrical connection
between two conductors has been poorly formed by the solder material;
a consequence of incomplete formation or surfaces not properly wetted
by the soldering material. Testing for these - as this group has shown -
can be quite difficult. For more information on this type of dry joint,
visit http://www.circuitsassembly.com

Glastonbury Context: - Crushed weed or herbs of various descriptions usually
rolled up in light paper ( tabloid newspapers make excellent wrappers) and used
exactly like cigarettes. Testing for a dry joint should be done in secrecy
as there are legal connotations associated with their use. In the interest
of keeping this forum blameless, the quest for more information on this type
of joint will be left to the reader.

Rastafarian context: - Sensemelia dat bringz I an' I guud vibes man! Jah be
prezd! Tess-teeng nat necessary. U av' some',  u gretful, U pass it round,
U a good frend, but wen U pass it around, keep it an de left 'and side.

Night club context: - A night club that has run out of liquor. Testing for
these is visual. They will usually have no revelers.

Butcher's context: - Leg of lamb of the Halal variety, dried or well done .
Testing for these is essential as 'succulent' might be the preferred
end result of the culinary process.

Surgeon's context: - Quality and effectiveness of lubrication following hip
replacement. Testing inevitable.

Homeless context: - Welcome refuge on rainy nights.

Best regards

- Chris