Ah yes, -sparking, sizzling wire fences...
About 40 yrs ago I spent a few summers visiting with an uncle and family on
his Iowa farm.
He had a small electrified pen with hogs in it.
My cousin would dare me to take a blade of grass and loop it around the wire
to see how much jolt I could take before letting go.  The loop usually burnt
through before I reached threshold, unless I ignorantly used a wide blade of
buffalo grass...

One heavily dewed morning, we were heading for the car to go to town and
another cousin, Kerry Sue (who lived on the farm), excitedly ran toward the
car (to occupy  the shotgun position) that was parked adjacent to the hog
pen.  She slipped on the wet weeds.  Her body slid under the electrified
wires, wrapping her long hair around the lowest conductor.  We stood around
and laughed as she yelled and convulsed from the pulses.  You could actually
see tiny arcs in her hair.  -maybe that's why to this day she is so
docile...

Most of these chargers are rated by the miles of wire they can energize, up
to 20 miles worth!  I seem to remember versions that were battery powered
and only a few that were line powered.  Determining safety requirements for
these is why we get the big bucks...<grin>

Happy Labor Day Holiday (USA),
Kyle