EMCO/ETS makes a probe kit with a preamp for under $1000.  Several probes,
E- and H-field.  Electro-metrics makes the same kind of kit, but without the
pre-amp, per my recollection.  I think Com-power might also do this kind of
thing, and be the low price vendor as well.  If the EUT is noisy and you are
in very close, you might be able to see something on an oscilloscope, but
clearly it will a low-passed time domain waveform which you cannot correlate
well with measured OATS data.  There are pre-compliance analyzers on the
market for well under $5 K these days.

on 8/20/02 3:34 PM, lisa_cef...@mksinst.com at lisa_cef...@mksinst.com

--

Ken Javor