Hello Group,

I am considering a strategy for shipment of individual circuit packs
into the EU.  These circuit packs are part of an overall (rack mountable
shelf) custom ITE system which will be evaluated to the appropriate
requirements/directives (LVD and EMC) and will have a CE marking.  I
envision two scenarios where individual packs/groups of packs may be
shipped into the EU:

1)  As part of the placement of the "system" on the EU market for the
first time.  Packs will be packaged separately from the chassis for
shipment to avoid potential shipping damage.

2)  As replacement "components" and/or spares.

Question:  What is the most effective way to label the individual
circuit packs (or other "component") packaging and/or shipping
documentation to avoid questioning/problems at the point of entry into
the EU?  The recommendation in the past has been to state on the
shipping documents something like "No CE marking required - product is a
spare/replacement component of an overall system which itself bears the
CE marking."  I have also been told to complete a "declaration of
incorporation", however, I believe this only applies to components under
the machinery directive.

Anyone have any proven techniques for shipping component circuit packs
(and other components) which do not individually bear the CE marking?

Thanks!
Scott

Scott Lemon
sle...@caspiannetworks.com