The military generally doesn't like toothed lockwashers because:

1. As the teeth cut into the surface, you generate bits of paint and base
metal particles. That's not nice, because the particles can cause mechanical
and electrical problems.
2. Any fault current is conducted through the relatively small cross-section
contact points. This can result in arcing and even vaporization of the
conductive path.

Look at MIL-B-5087 for typical military bonding and ground stud practices.

Regards,

Ed

Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Systems
San Diego, CA  USA
858-505-2780  (Voice)
858-505-1583  (Fax)
Military & Avionics EMC Services Is Our Specialty
Shake-Bake-Shock - Metrology - Reliability Analysis