Dear Ted

OK, OK, after two postings making much the same point maybe I should have
been more careful to make it clear that I was only worried about the kind of
"ground lift switches" which disconnect the protective ground from the
chassis of the equipment. I have seen them used in pro-audio equipment in the
past.

It is also a traditional bad habit in the pro-audio business to remove the
protective conductor connection from the mains plug or the chassis if it
helps cure a hum.

I am trying to see if there is anyone out there who will make a case for such
unsafe practices, or point me to US regulations or standards of codes of
practice that permit it.

All the very best!
Keith Armstrong
www.cherryclough.com