Dear John

I was aware of the ability to mix Class I and II construction in a single
product, but as I understand it such a product must be treated as if were
simply Class I, in that it must have a protective ground connection via its
power cord.

I was sure that the AES would not condone removing the safety ground
connection where it is needed for safety, and am pleased that you have
confirmed that this is the case.

All the very best!
Keith Armstrong
www.cherryclough.com