Hi Safety folks,

Many good points in this discussion. For us up here in Scandinavia, we se
the U.S. market as one Market and we can not (may be we should..) go into
law details for the City of LA, Santa Clara County and so on.

If there are States or Cities in the U.S. which require by law that an
electrical equipment must be certified by NRTL ( I guess we talk about UL,
CSA, Intertek, etc), that will be the most important information for us.
That means, if we will enter the U.S. market with a product and we do not
know where it will be used (some place in the range Key West to Vancouver
....), we have to be aware if Certification and/or listing is required by
law.

Just for a few seconds forget the customers requirements, is it therefore a
correct interpretation that electrical equipment (ITE, household appliances,
radio transmitters, etc) must be certified in order to follow the U.S. laws
?

Best regards
Amund
Oslo / Norway