Absolutely correct.  I ASSUMED that what was meant was that shielding the
cable resulted in no better than a 6 dB reduction in cable-sourced
emissions.  Something you could check with a current probe.  If an entire
system is being tested then clearly other emission sources could mask any
cable-sourced improvements.

Ken Javor

on 2/24/03 11:04 AM, drcuthbert at drcuthb...@micron.com wrote:

> The fact that going from unshielded to shielded cable cut emissions by 6 dB
> does not necessarily mean that the shield cut cable emissions by only 6 dB.
It

--

Ken Javor
EMC Compliance