Hi Folks

I second Rich's comments - the same things have happened to me a few years
ago, and did result in a temporary shutdown on one occasion but rapid
discussions with the agency engineer gave us a few weeks to fix the problem
and so we could restart production virtually straightaway.

The "secret", however, is (like Gregg said earlier) quite simply "do the
audit before the agency factory inspector does" - and be even more stringent
on yourselves than he is likely to be. Then you can get well in-control
BEFORE you get the line stoppers - That worked well for me over quite a few
years.

Nevertheless, if you are new to the game and not sure what to audit for (and
don't want to call the agency in!) then try to get a suitably experienced
consultant (and there are plenty out there around the world)in to it for you
- It could be a lot cheaper than the alternative!

Regards

John Allen
Technical Consultant
Safety and Risk Management