I recall that the FCC found a problem in this frequency range in the
Northwest a few years ago that was related to powerlines.

Of course, a directional antenna, spectrum analyzer, and a van would be
useful...

From: Kurt Fischer [mailto:kurt.fisc...@hyperinterop.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 9:03 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Real product interference source at 121 MHz

Hello all,

A strange request but this has become an interference issue with a sattelite
communications link There seems to be a very strong interferer at 121 MHz
that is intermittent in nature and physically located in Northern
USA/Canada.

It could be the marketing of a non-compliant consumer products or perhaps
some after market sattelite rec. retro-fit kit??

Has anyone else had this experience in the last year --- (the problem was
not present 2 years ago)?
It does appear to getting worse and is spreading geographically as well.

Regards,
Kurt Fischer
Hyper Corp
N,j^ AȞ#ۜ&zܓygƥ
^y霦\v+"ybb+hnȭya0{by種ޙ?\:jw*.˛بǧvf&j:+v瞢0m"
^)޺{.n+lhǧvf-b֝)ڶFωצr-rz(&
u֯z֭ah%̪-ݙbrtۭzxy+!zi^'z!  p{{^+bwWr-r,)౪j!jwly܅zma0rx(ޙl