>>> John Woodgate <j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk> 03/28/03 04:11pm >>>

>If products that exceed a limit by 20 dB don't cause an unacceptable
>increased level of complaints, why retain the stringent limit: cui bono?

Just a thought about this argument about complaints.  Having worked in the EMC
business for nearly 10 years, I should be able to spot EMC / Interference
problems.

I had a journey about a year ago when my car radio was having trouble picking
up stations and the RDS data was not being picked up at all.  This was an
intermittent problem on subsequent journeys but I of course assumed that the
radio was on the blink.  I mentally put a black mark against the manufacturer
of the radio.   Half a year later I finally worked out that my cheap (CE
marked) carphone charger was causing the problem.  I was going to complain to
trading standards but didn't get round to it.  I now either accept that I
can't use the charger and radio together, or I make sure the phone is charged
before going out.

Dr Luke Turnbull
Principal EMC Engineer
TRW Conekt