Over the years, this listserver has never had a problem
with decorum.  We have no rules addressing decorum.

I and the other administrators do have expectations for
decorum in posted messages.  Here are our expectations.

Decorum:

    -Propriety and good taste in conduct or appearance.

    -The conventions of polite behavior.

Messages posted to this listserver must have decorum.

Decorum is maintained when messages address technical
issues, or are complimentary of individual persons or
groups of persons.

Decorum is lost when a message denigrates a lack of
technical understanding on the part of an individual
or group of persons.  Decorum is lost when a message
denigrates professionalism, individuals, or specific
groups of persons.

Decorum must be maintained even in the face of provocation.

In your reading of posted messages, please recognize that
technical assertions in messages may not be technically
correct, or may not be technically correct in the context
perceived by any one subscriber.  Correcting such
assertions is an essential function of this listserver.
Such corrections must address the technical issues, not
the person who wrote the message.

Each subscriber to this listserver must feel free to post
a message without fear of being belittled in any way.
Decorum is the means by which this is accomplished.

Subscribers posting messages lacking in decorum will be
cautioned.

If you would like to discuss decorum further, please do so
off-line and directly with me and the other administrators.

Best regards,
Rich

Richard Nute
IEEE emc-pstc Administrator