Cortland Richmond wrote:

><< SNIP >>
>
>Outside antennas here in the USA have to comply with the National
>Electrical Code, and there must likewise be similar standards in Europe.
>
><< SNIP >>

Happened to be browsing the NEC (NFPA 70) today and came across this
section related to amateur antennas in the USA.

Article 810  Radio and Television Equipment

810-1. Scope. This article covers antenna systems for radio and
television receiving equipment, amateur radio transmitting and receiving
equipment, and certain features of transmitter safety. This article
covers antennas such as multielement, vertical rod, and dish, and also
covers the wiring and cabling that connects them to equipment. This
article does not cover equipment and antennas used for coupling carrier
current to power line conductors.

The rest of Article 810 is chock full of requirements specific to
amateur antennas. But note that this stuff only applies in jurisdictions
that have actually legally adopted either these articles or the entire NEC.

Regards,

Scott Douglas
Not affiliated, available for hire.