A recent USA FCC ruling allowing amateur operation near 5 MHz has an unusual
requirement; the operator needs to know the gain of his antenna (or maintain
"calculations" modeling the gain), so as to abide by an ERP limit. Perhaps
some European hams must also do something similar.

I wonder if ham antennas (and/or their supporting towers) in the EU might be
considered as structures, and subject to some mechanical requirements. This
might be similar in class to flagpoles, overhead signs or light poles.

Ed

Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com         WB6WSN
NARTE Certified EMC Engineer & Technician
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Systems
San Diego, CA  USA
858-505-2780  (Voice)
858-505-1583  (Fax)
Military & Avionics EMC Is Our Specialty