Hi Rich,

Another guy who does a lot of compliance work in India is Jas Dhaliwal of
International Compliance & Approvals. He can be reached on (510) 821 4980,
email icac...@aol.com.

Regards,

Dave

"Collins, Jeffrey" <jcoll...@ciena.com> wrote:

Rich,

You will definitely run into some nuances when deploying your products into
India. While on the surface it may appear the regulations are straight
forward, however when actually communicating with the authorities you will
begin to uncover the bureaucracy and will be at a distinct disadvantage.
The value of employing an agent will allow efficient communicate with the
certification body, test lab and your customer to facilitate the process,
define the testing scope, and cut through the bureaucracy. You need to find an
experienced agent that has a background in both cultures, spe! aks their
language and can provide solid engineering judgment.

We were able to maneuver through this maze much faster and cheaper than our
east coast division by hiring a consultant named Jay Gandhi of EMT. In my
opinion he is the best choice for India and a few other countries.

Here is his contact info: Jay Gandhi (650) 965-4000 'jg...@aol.com'

Regards,

Jeffrey Collins

Sr. HW Engineering Manager