From: Alex McNeil [ mailto:alex.mcn...@ingenicofortronic.com]
Sent: 20 October 2003 18:42
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: North American Automotive EMC

Hi Forum,

Does the North American market require Automotive EMC similar to the
European Automotive Directive?
I am thinking about an ITE small product that meets the European Automotive
Directive being sold in the USA/Canada. It already has the FCC Part 15 EMC
Class A.

Also, will using the same cigarette lighter cable be OK?

I look forward, as always, to your kind and helpful replies.

Kind Regards
Alex McNeil
Principal Engineer

This email has been scanned for all known viruses and appropriate content by
the Messagelabs mail service.