http://www.ieee-pses.org/symposium http://www.emc2004.org/

Richard

As far as I am aware, there is no date code mandated under any of these (or
most other) Directives - although there are rules relating to the marking of
the year of first application of the CE Marking under the Machinery Directive.

The requirement, as in the General Product Safety Directive, is that the
manufacturer or EU importer must have a means of identifying particular
equipments about which the user might subseqently need to be warned of safety
hazards (etc) or that might need to be traced and recalled.

How you do it is up to you! Serial numbering and/or batch codes are a good
idea to save you having to warn about/recall the whole product line if only a
few known units are affected!

John Allen,
Technical Consultant
EMC and Safety Engineering
ERA Technology Ltd.
Cleeve Road
Leatherhead
Surrey KT22 7SA
UK

Tel: +44-1372-367025 (Direct)
       +44-1372-367000 (Switchboard)
Fax: +44-1372-367102

Please take a minute to visit my web pages at
http://www.era.co.uk/services/rcm.asp
and the main ERA Website at http://www.era.co.uk