Richard Nute wrote

>> Within the European Union:

    "The safety warnings and safety instructions
    needed to ensure that electrical equipment
    will be used safely and for intended
    applications shall be marked on the equipment.
    If this is not possible the warnings and
    instructions shall be made available on an
    accompanying paper. Providing the safety
    warnings and safety instructions on an
    accompanying CD-ROM, DVD, or on other media
    requiring additional equipment to read them,
    does not fulfill the requirement in paragraph
    1 a of Annex I of the Low Voltage Directive."

Therefore, under EN 60950, you must provide safety
information either marked on the equipment or in
hardcopy form.<<

This follows logically; if I must take certain precautions to safely use
something, I can't be sure I am operating it safely if I have to use it to
learn what those precautions are.

DANGER OF SHOCK IF PICKED UP BY HANDLE

(Heh!)

Cortland Richmond