In message <380-220073422104439...@earthlink.net>, dated Thu, 22 Mar
2007, Cortland Richmond <k...@earthlink.net> writes:

>This borders on an ethical question, not a technical one. What "due
>diligence" are we required to exercise? My answer as always been:
>enough. Pretesting is SMART.

Yes, but with INSIGHT. It isn't smart just to do an arbitrary pre-test
that the standard doesn't require.

You should consider what potential emissions might not be observed by
the test in the standard but could get up and bite you later. When
you've identified those potential emissions, go looking for them with a
specifically-designed test that will find them if they exist
There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com