Brian,

I believe the root cause to be the construction of the surge coupler/decoupler
(specifically the decoupler side). The standard shows simplified schematics of
the decoupler, with caps between all the lines, and I assume that the caps,
along with some weak inductors, are the culprits. Of course, when I asked for
a schematic of the surge coupler, they refused to supply them. :-(

I forgot to mention that the voltages I measured were without any device
connected to the surge coupler. So, with nothing connected, when I surge 2kv
>from line-PE, I see 1.6kv line-neutral.

Bob Richards, NCT.

Brian O'Connell <oconne...@tamuracorp.com> wrote:

As I have not seen this extreme (for a correctly constructed UUT) I would
have to assume that none of my units were "completely normal".

Perhaps the common-mode input chokes do not have well-matched windings ?

I am very curious about this effect; if you can, pls advise on the root
cause.

luck,
Brian