Complicated situation ---

Under open circuit conditions, you WILL see voltages on lines from the
output of a surge coupler/decoupler that you don't think you should be
surging simply because there are high impedance connections between the
line, neutral and PE via filter capacitors and/or line-line protectors
at the filter inputs. Surge PE IS connected to Neutral somewhere back at
the building entrance as well.

Under load, what you get depends somewhat on the impedance of the thing
you're testing --- if high impedance on all input lines, you might well
see surge voltages on multiple lines; if low impedance, the surge
current will go through the selected coupling lines....

A solution might be to get rid of the filter caps, but then you've got a
problem meeting the requirement for keeping the surge voltage low back
where the ac line is connected --- and you WILL have high voltages
between lines now on the input side (probably close to where your scope
is plugged in)....

Nothing's simple....

Michael Hopkins
International Channel Manager