"Hudson, Alan (UK)" <alan.hud...@baesystems.com> wrote:

From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of John
Woodgate

>> Does a video and audio recording surveillance system device need to
>> comply with the requirements of EN 55103-1;-2?

> It is, I feel sure, acceptable to apply those standards. It depends a
bit on what
> sort of interfaces there are between the items of equipment.
> If they are coaxial for video and screened balanced pairs for audio,
then those
> standards certainly fit. If Ethernet or similar is used, then EN 55022
and EN 55024
> may be more appropriate.

Out of interest (we have such a situation!), what if you have both? If
the video and audio inputs are all co-axial cables, but the output is a
data stream on Ethernet (which provides the info for display on a PC) -
does 55103 take "precedence" over 55022, or vice versa?

My guess is, since PCs are also involved, that you would use 55022 for
the lot, and not 550103 - yes/no?

Cheerfully yours,

Alan

BAE Systems

emc-pstc discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net
Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to:

Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org
David Heald: emc-p...@daveheald.com

  _____

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket:
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48253/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC>
mail, news, photos & more. - ----------
IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list. Website:
http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html