From: Derek Walton <lfresea...@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:13:54 -0600
To: Dennis Camell <cam...@boulder.nist.gov>, <emc-p...@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: Standard Gain Horn Antenna Calibration

Hi all,

calibration has been an issue with me for a long time: specifically where and
when it makes sense. The std gain horn is a prime example. I wonder if there
is any calibration process that can be used, that is actually more accurate
than maintaining mechanical dimensions of a horn modelled in some form of NEC
program. Damage aside of course.

So, in the case of something simple like a Std gain horn WHICH IS more
accurate, the NEC model using tight mechanical dimensions, or some test method
with very large measurement errors?

We seem to be driven more by metrologists that do not fully inderstand
practical limits....

Curious in Rockford, IL USA.

Derek Walton