Hi Joe:

What you describe is very similar to the flash tube
circuits in a digital camera.

Since you have measured the 150 V and the 300 Hz and
determined they are not limited current circuits, I
will offer comments based on these circuits being
hazardous circuits.  (You did not specify the voltage
for the 300 Hz.)

First comment:  Can the circuit be altered such that
the maximum current from the 150 V DC is less than
2 mA?  If so, both the 150 V DC and the 300 Hz will be
limited current circuits, and no safeguards are
necessary.  (If one circuit is deemed a limited current
circuit, then all circuits derived from that circuit
are taken as limited current circuits.)

First question:  In a cell phone that is fully isolated
>from earth and everything else, what is the current path
through the body?  There must be a "goesinta" the body
and a "goesouta" the body electrical connections.
Safeguards would be applied between the circuits and
these two points.

Second question:  What is the insulation between the
300 Hz (voltage?) and the outside or the screen that is
touched?  This may not be physically discrete insulation,
but obviously it does comprise insulation.  Since the
150 V DC and 300 Hz circuits are derived from a
battery, the electric strength of the insulation between
the circuits and the accessible parts of the screen need
not include consideration of transient overvoltages.
Table 5B does not apply.  (I suggest an insulation
resistance test as part of your evaluation.)

Second comment:  A single fault between the 3.7 V and
the 150 V DC is likely to shut down the inverter.  This
proves that no isolation is required between 3.7 V and
150 V.  This is application of 2.2.4.

Third comment:  Study both the circuit and the
construction to determine a current path through the
body, for both normal operating conditions, and single-
fault conditions.

If you want to talk further about this, give me a
call.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas,
Rich

858-592-2620