Rich,

What are the legal effects on my employer for Ordinary vs. Skilled vs.
Instructed Persons ? How does this affect the concept of an existing hazard as
compared to a fault condition ? UL says that "A skilled person is expected to
use their training and experience to recognize energy sources capable of
causing pain or injury and to take action to protect them from injury from
those energies".

Do you think that now is the time to get some HBSE training, or will we see a
national implementation of IEC62368-1 before the apocalypse ?

AFAIK, if a box allows contact that exceeds a certain voltage or current or
power, there is a hazard, for all people. Am I being a primitive tribal idiot ?

Can I assume that if UL/EN62368-1 gets published prior to the apocalypse, that
the apocalypse as a procedural device can be certified for use by Skilled and
certain Instructed Persons.

Nothing I say or do indicates the policies of my employer; most certainly when
I am very bad.

Brian

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>