This seems to have become unnecessarily complicated.

If a standard changes, and you do some new testing or evaluation, then
updating the D of C to reflect that is quite sensible.  Your TF will show the
new work done to support it.

If a standard changes, and you have a quick look at the differences and decide
that it is unimportant (as plenty of amendments are) and there’s nothing you
need to do, then there’s no technical reason to amend the D of C.  Yes, the
presumption of conformity may have gone by not referencing the change, but
since you’ve concluded that the actual conformity isn’t affected, then
there’s no risk of any enforcement action succeeding.  It’s making work to
update every D of C to track every standards change, as you’ll also have to
put a justification in the TF.

You might want a nice new D of C to keep your customers happy, but that’s a
marketing matter, not one that you must follow.

John