Esteemed experienced colleagues,

My company has a NVLAP-accredited EMC test laboratory in California.  My
product is ITE equipment (high value, low volume) and does not include
telecom.  My method of certification is usually the Declaration of Conformity.
 I understand that I can request my scope of accreditation be increased by
NVLAP to include Taiwan’s CNS 13438.

I am struggling to understand the process to follow in dealing with Taiwan.
Do I need to become a BSMI (Taiwan) recognized laboratory and get a lab
number?  If so, how do I proceed?

I appreciate any enlightenment.

Jim

__________________________

James L. Knighten, Ph.D.

EMC Engineer

Teradata Corporation

17095 Via Del Campo

San Diego, CA 92127

858-485-2537 – phone

213-337-5432 – fax

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: