From: XM Radio [mailto:xmra...@xmradio.chtah.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:11 AM
Subject: FM Modulator Information

Dear XM Subscriber,

The FCC has notified XM that some of our older receiver models (generally,
those purchased before August, 2006) may not operate in the manner required by
the FCC and may cause interference to nearby FM radio users depending on how
the XM radio is installed or used.

The receiver models include the Roady2(r), SKYFi2(r), MyFi(r), Airware(r), Tao,
RoadyXT(r), Xpress(tm), Sportscaster, XR9-XCX9, Jensen JXR9, inno(r),
Helix(tm), and Nexus(r). Please note this notice does not apply to you if your
new car came installed with an XM receiver.

If you do have one or more of the receivers mentioned above and use it with the
wireless FM option or you have had the receiver professionally installed, then
we have several options available at no cost to you to alleviate this possible
interference. Please visit our website at www.xmradio.com/fmmodinfo
<http://email.xmradio.com/a/hBIoukKB7RzePB7SVYU$Ka5GK0m/xm4>  or call us
toll-free at 866-410-0096 to choose one of the following three options:

Option A:
We will send you ferrite beads to attach to your XM antenna and power adaptor
cables. (Ferrite beads are typically placed on the end of data cables to reduce
interference.)

Option B:
We will send you a replacement cassette adapter to use with your XM radio. Only
choose this option if your car radio has a cassette player.

Option C:
If your car does not have a cassette player, we will provide you with ferrite
beads and an installation kit, with hardware, to use in connection with a
professional installation of your radio along with a coupon redeemable at no
charge for professional installation.

Please visit the following website, www.xmradio.com/fmmodinfo
<http://email.xmradio.com/a/hBIoukKB7RzePB7SVYU$Ka5GK0m/xm4>  for more
information and to select your option. If you do not have access to the
Internet, you may call 866-410-0096 for information on how to alleviate this
possible interference. To help expedite your order, please have your 8-digit
Radio ID (found on Channel 0 of your XM radio) and your FCC ID (found on the
back, the bottom, or under the battery of your XM radio), available when you
start this process.

Best Regards,
XM Management

Note - If you are using your XM radio's FM modulator to send the XM signal to a
home or car stereo, your radio will work best if you use an unused FM
frequency. Go to www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant
<http://email.xmradio.com/a/hBIoukKB7RzePB7SVYU$Ka5GK0m/xm5>  to find the best
FM frequencies to use in your area.

Please do not reply to this email. This is a service email from XM Satellite
Radio. Please note that you may receive service email in accordance with your
XM Satellite Radio Customer Agreement, whether or not you elect to receive
promotional email.

XM Satellite Radio Inc., 1500 Eckington Place NE, Washington, D.C. 20002.
Copyright 2008 XM Satellite Radio. All rights reserved.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com