We are looking to hire a full-time compliance engineer for our Burnaby
BC (Canada) product development operation.  We develop a wide variety of
power conversion products for renewable energy, mobile power, and
consumer electronics applications, ranging from <10W to >10kW.  The
position deals with product safety, utility interconnection, EMC, and
environmental compliance, with significant product safety compliance
experience a mandatory pre-requisite.

The full job description is under my signoff below and on our website,
where you can also apply.

http://www.xantrex.com/corporate/careers/index.asp

Thanks,

Jim Eichner, P.Eng.
Compliance Engineering Manager
Xantrex Technology Inc.
e-mail: jim.eich...@xantrex.com
web: www.xantrex.com

copies of the original message.

Title:  Compliance Engineer (Burnaby)

Xantrex Technology Inc. is a world leader in advanced power electronics
headquartered near Vancouver, Canada. We are a fast-paced, dynamic,
cross-functional team-based company. Xantrex makes a positive difference
in the lives of people around the world by combining proven technology
with unparalleled market understanding to bring our customers products
that enable the delivery of electricity anytime, anywhere.

Position Summary:

Responsible for ensuring and maintaining product compliance with
worldwide regulatory requirements for product safety, Electromagnetic
Compatibility (EMC), hazardous substance restrictions, utility
interconnection, etc. for power conversion products and accessories in
Xantrex's renewable energy, mobile power, and portable power markets.
Works with design teams to provide guidance, evaluate and improve
designs, and test for compliance. Works with regulatory agencies and
standards to obtain and maintain certifications.

Responsibilities:

Plan and manage all compliance tasks for assigned programs

Perform product safety, EMC, and utility interconnection testing and
produce formal test reports for agencies and internal and external
customers

Evaluate product designs to ensure and document compliance in the final
design:

             o Provide interpretations of requirements to design teams

             o Provide ongoing feedback and data to design teams

Write and maintain the reports required to document regulatory
compliance

Work with agencies and 3rd party test laboratories for the purposes of:

            o Obtaining testing and evaluation services

            o Obtaining and maintaining product approvals

            o Obtaining interpretations of requirements

Perform as a cross-functional team member to achieve the technical,
schedule and budget objectives of development programs

Stay current with applicable standards, skills, and trends in regulatory
compliance

Participate in standards development committees relevant to Xantrex
products

Requirements:

Electrical Engineering degree preferred, will consider technologist with
appropriate experience

At least 5 years experience in product safety compliance testing and
evaluation, preferably in the power electronics industry

Extensive knowledge of worldwide product safety regulations, standards,
and test methods

Preference given to candidates with one or more of the following:
experience with EMC regulations, standards, and testing; working
knowledge of power conversion technology (motor drives, inverters, power
supplies); experience in renewable energy systems; experience in marine
or RV electrical systems;

Enjoys hands-on work - testing, troubleshooting, prototyping, etc.

Detail oriented and thorough

Ability to read schematics and specifications, perform circuit analysis

Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on the
ability to create quality technical reports, test reports, and test
procedures

Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplined design teams

Strong organizational and time-management skills

Ability to multi-task and to adapt to changing priorities

Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word & the internet)

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com