Nick,

Many thanks for your useful information for European markets.

Scott

From: Nick Williams [mailto:nick.willi...@conformance.co.uk]
Sent: 2009?~1??13?? 03:06 AM
To: Scott Xe
Cc: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Re: Electrical product recall

There is information at the following sites which will be of assistance to
you:

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/safety/rapex/index_en.htm

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/Safety/products/unsafe-notificatio
n/index.html

Somewhere in this lot there is a guidance document which provides a
basis for an assessment of whether a recall is necessary. I can send
you a copy if you cannot find it in the links on the above pages.

At a seminar in November last year, we were told that this guidance
is being revised and a new model for assessment has been agreed.
Heaven only knows if/when this might make it out into the public
domain.

Nick.

At 00:45 +0800 13/1/09, Scott Xe wrote:
>It is a quite common terms in the industry and mostly related to
>safety hazard.  We would like to establish a process for the product
>recall.  Is there any important rules or guidance to follow for a
>meaningful and absolutely necessary recall?
>
>Thanks and regards,
>
>Scott
>-
>This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society
>emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your
>e-mail to &LT;<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>emc-p...@ieee.org&GT;
>
>All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at
><http://www.ieeecommunities.org/emc-pstc>http://www.ieeecommunities.org/emc
-pstc
>Graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc. can be posted to that
URL.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@ptcnh.net>