From: Pickard, Ron [mailto:ron.pick...@intermec.com]
Sent: 2009年1月13日 03:54 AM
To: Nick Williams; Scott Xe
Cc: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Electrical product recall

Nick,

The operational guidelines link for businesses (for dangerous consumer
products) to which you refer is at: htt
://ec.europa.eu/consumers/safety/rapex/guidelines_business_en.htm. It's stated
to be new there, but the actual linked document is dated 2004, so I guess
we’ll have to wait for the revised edition.

Scott,

As others from the hoards of us legally unwashed have given sound advice and
good references for your company to develop a recall plan, the recall plan
that your company develops may likely have to pass scrutiny with your legal
dept/management and some likely legal/contractual issues. Also, googling
“safety recall plan” should give you several links for you to understand
what a recall plan will look like and how to develop one.

I hope you find this useful, but please note that I am a compliance engineer
and in no way resemble a lawyer, attorney, barrister, counsel(or), legal
eagle, ambulance chaser, etc, etc. Therefore, the above is not legal advice
and should not be considered as such. If it was, I would be charging you at
least $500/hr (with a retainer).

Best regards,

Ron Pickard

ron.pick...@intermec.com <mailto:ron.pick...@intermec.com>