Colleagues

I am in the process of investigating options for a possible FAR chamber [full
ETSI Compliant].

I may be able to fit one in my building but may not be able to electrically
isolate the chamber from the parent building structure [will be touching the
ceiling at points]

If we put 1 very good ground connection the thought is that any surface
currents introduced to the shield will follow the path of least impedance and
go to ground there and not cause standing waves in the chamber.

My understanding of single point grounding for chambers evolved from a
security perspective - so that it could be disconnected and the shield could
be investigated for currents to detect listening devices - Fed-type stuff -
and is not an essential requirement for EMC / Antenna applications.

Does anybody have any feedback / experience / opinions on this? Do you foresee
any issues with not electrically isolating the chamber from the parent
building?

Best regards,

Mac Elliott

[    ] General Public

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>