I think the design and use of the tool is well thought out.  The only
shortcomings with the design is that it can't be used to test short sharp
surfaces (particularly points) and that the 'tape heads' sometimes rotate and
won't stay in contact with the surface to be tested.  I just think the test is
too easy to pass.  Perhaps the tape should be softer and easier to cut?  A
stop-gap idea could be to adjust the pass/fail criteria to prohibit cutting
the first layer of tape, instead of all the layers, but I've found that even
the first layer is pretty tough.

-Ken A.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Richard Pittenger