                From: Doug Smith <d...@emcesd.com> <mailto:d...@emcesd.com>
                Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 19:40:11 -0800
                To: emc-pstc <emc-p...@ieee.org> <mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>
                Subject: shielding both DC and AC fields in medical implants

                I have a question (as opposed to the usual article post). Can
anyone
                point me to some resources online concerning shielding methods
applied
                to medical implants that shield both high amplitude DC as well
as AC
                magnetic fields such as found in MRI machines. I have been
searching
                around Google finding only standard EMI shield solutions.
References to
                currently existing produces would be great.

                Doug

                    ___          _       Doug Smith
                     \          / )      P.O. Box 1457
                      =========          Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
                   _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
                 /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
                |  q-----( )  |  o  |    Email:   d...@dsmith.org
                 \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org

                This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering
Society emc-pstc
                discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your
e-mail to
                <emc-p...@ieee.org> <mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>

                Graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc. can be
posted to that URL.

                List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

                Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>
<mailto:emcp...@socal.rr.com>
                Mike Cantwell <mcantw...@ieee.org> <mailto:mcantw...@ieee.org>

                For policy questions, send mail to:
                Jim Bacher:  <j.bac...@ieee.org> <mailto:j.bac...@ieee.org>
                David Heald: <dhe...@gmail.com> <mailto:dhe...@gmail.com>

emc-pstc

        List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

        Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com> <mailto:emcp...@socal.rr.com>
        Mike Cantwell <mcantw...@ieee.org> <mailto:mcantw...@ieee.org>

        For policy questions, send mail to:
        Jim Bacher:  <j.bac...@ieee.org> <mailto:j.bac...@ieee.org>
        David Heald: <dhe...@gmail.com> <mailto:dhe...@gmail.com>

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>