From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org]On Behalf Of Knighten,
Jim L
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 11:20 AM
To: Dan Roman; EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: Australia Requiremts for ITE Equipment

Dan,

You can read the rules on the ACMA web site http://www.acma.gov.au.
C-tick is for EMC and radio communications compliance.  A-Tick is for
telecommunications, of which I have no experience.  For c-tick, the
manufacturer, importer or their agent responsible for compliance and for
placing it on the Australian market is required to sign and hold the
c-tick DoC.  The signer needs an Australian address.

Jim
James L. Knighten, Ph.D.
EMC Engineer
Teradata Corporation