From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Gartman, W.
Richard
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 11:43 AM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: 3rd party labs due-diligence

PSES network,

I am looking at do due-diligence assessment of 3rd party labs that we use
for EMC, Wireless, and product safety testing. There are the standard lab
certifications: IEC17025, A4LA, NVLAP, IECEE CB Scheme, etc.  I get many 3rd
party reports from labs, that have the proper certification and reference
standards in them.

What I am looking for is, what beyond these certifications do you look for
in a lab to consider it acceptable? Check list, on site/facility reviews? Do
you do the due-diligence assessment or is it "paper exercise". At what point
do you feel sufficient due diligence has been done (acceptable risk
tolerance level)?

Any comments or perspective are welcome.

Thank you.
W. Richard Gartman, MS, CSP
Product Stewardship Manager
Texas Instruments, Education Technology