Thanks, Doug. That's a much more precise description (and exactly what I was
thinking of).

Regards,
Lauren

From: Douglas Nix [mailto:d...@mac.com]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 12:24 PM
To: Crane, Lauren
Cc: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Compases and RoHS

Lauren,

Great topic! I can't wait to hear people's opinions on this one. I guess we
need to further define the example as "a simple mechanical compass with a
permanently magnetized indicating needle". Seem reasonable? This way, for the
sake of discussion we can exclude gyro compasses, electronic compasses, etc.

Doug Nix

On 21-Mar-14, at 13:09, Crane, Lauren