Thanks, but as I understand it, even while the 802.11a frequencies &
standards are harmonized, the key item here is restrictions on use.

Decision 2000/299/EC defines Class 1 and Class 2 and states:

  1. Radio Equipment and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment, which can
be placed on the market and be put into service without restrictions, will
constitute a class. This class will be referred to as* ‘Class 1’*.  An
Equipment Class Identifier is not assigned for this class of equipment.

  2. Radio Equipment for which Member States apply restrictions on the
putting into service as foreseen in Article 7(2) of Directive 1999/5/EC or
for which Member States apply restrictions on the placing on the market as
foreseen by Article 9(5) of Directive 1999/5/EC will constitute a class.
This class will be referred to as* ‘Class 2’*.

So in this case, it's an EU-wide restriction on use (indoor use only), so
it's not clearly defined as Class 1, and I don't know if the Class 2
Identifier would apply as I don't think it's the member states that created
the restriction (I'll admit I don't know the source of the restriction - I
just know it exists).

Thus I'm in a grey area between the two.

Thanks and Best Regards,
-Dave