From: John Allen [mailto:john_e_al...@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: 13 March 2015 15:31
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] USB Mains Outlet sockets

It's interesting to note that both the "genuine" and the counterfeit items
are marked as complying with BS5733, which is the "catch all" (and uniquely
British!) BS safety standard for electrical installation accessories which
don't fit into the scope any other particular safety standard - so that
might be a rationale for claiming compliance with the UK regs requirements
for "installation accessories".

However, that certainly begs the question of compliance with the EMCD and
the energy-efficiency Directive requirements (and RoHS II for that matter) -
which rationally I think that they should.

John Allen

W. London, UK